- Shingle edges are curled... Shingles start lifting up and buckling, then you need to start looking for a professional roofer.
- Bald spot... Where granules are missing... is another sign that the usable life of the roof expired.
- Shingles granules in the gutters... and the downspout exit, indicate that the start the process of disintegration.
- Missing shingles... Is a clear sign that your roofing system is failing. the shingles may be in process of disintegration and you also may have some issues with your roofing deck.
- Cracked shingles.. is the first step prior the shingles start breaking apart and falling off the roof.
- Your roof is at least 20 years old... While many shingles today are produced for durability, many factors can accelerate the aging of shingles. For example, if your roof is not properly ventilated, it can negatively impact your shingles
- Neighbors are getting new roofs... Homes built around the same time period can experiencing the same types of weather conditions can mean that your roof is nearing its useful life
- The roof just looks old and worn
- Dark streaks... Airborne algae cause dark streaks on roof decks. While this may not necessarily harm the roof shingles, it may not look good. Algae streaks can be removed using a 50:50 blend of water and bleach sprayed on your roof. It is important to use a low volume garden hose so you do not knock the protective granules off your shingles. It is also important that you protect your landscaping from the bleach run-off.
- Moss Growing in the roof... Moss can grow on roof surfaces that don’t get much sunlight especially in cool, moist climates. Moss growth can be more than a cosmetic issue. Moss holds moisture against the roof surface and overtime in freezing climates can cause damage to the granules on the top of the shingles. Moss can be brushed off but it won’t prevent it from growing again; take care not to damage the shingle surface. You may need to contact a professional roofer.
PERFORMING MORE THAN ROOF REPLACEMENT
CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR MORE INFO